Thursday 13 November 2008

Thread two

So, I have been thinking a lot about the nature of blogs and my sudden decision [as a result of a confluence of events] to keep one. I'm not sure for whom I am keeping it. I don't particularly want other people commenting on my thoughts, but I like the idea of the blog as a forum for me. At this time, at this point, at this now in my life I want to write down thoughts occasionally.

The blogs I have begun to read since attending a Web 2.0 conference in Shanghai are all in the nature of essays. At least when I studied essays by the great essayists in literature these were how they were written. I'm not a formal writer and not particularly articulate in prose, but the overriding motivation at the moment is thoughts on paper.

I have begun at the midpoint of my life to realize the hierarchical nature of growing up and aging. From the start we go through stages and I don't think that ever stops. This is my stage now. Like an arcade game, when we are ready to move on, or as we try to move on, we have to go around, or over, or through obstacles to level up. I think I am leveling up.

No comments: