Saturday 22 November 2008

School gets in the way

My how time flies when I'm held hostage by hundreds of pages of sophomore narratives and junior speeches and junior narratives, and they all need feedback the same week. The week itself has been endless, but when I look at the last time I posted, that time has flown.

And it's not just time that disappears. My poetry flees to some deep, dark recess. I stop thinking about what to write in my next blog. I stop thinking poetry. I remember why I haven't written poetry in so long. And I look forward with even more urgency to the day I can stop teaching, which seems further away with each economic headline.

I have a close friend, my mentor, Jack Penha. He is five years older than I, teaches with ten times my passion - and I teach with great passion - and yet he is able to write. I wish I had his energy, or will. I come home and it's Hidden Object computer games which keep me sane. They are the only thing my brain will summon up the energy for, to stay on, as opposed to my sitting in a chair and staring at the wall - what I did for several months during my depression.

Hence, my not so random segue into my top ten. The top four are puzzle games that have given me hours of pleasure, and still do; the last six are all Hidden Object, of which I own many: thank you bigfishgames.

Chocolatier 2
Chocolatier
World Mosaics
Rainbow Web 2
Magic Encyclopedia
James Patterson's Women's Murder Club: Death in Scarlet
Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets
Steve the Sheriff
Treasure Masters
Agatha Christie: Death on the Nile

And one more for the Christmas season: Holly: a Christmas Tale.

Next week my top ten adventure games. They are my real love and I shall review them. Right now my brain is too tired even for them.

I feel as if I should sweep the floors and dust. I am expecting a visitor, my first. Hello Steven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello there!